Sheila Aron, Founder, The Thread Alliance
Sheila Aron, Founder
The Thread Alliance
Weaving the thread of love and ending the cycle of child abuse.
Thursday, March 9, 2017
The Thread Alliance (TTA) was founded with the hope that all children will know a childhood free of abuse. It began as an extension of Sheila Aron’s book; I’m Glad I’m Me, Weaving the Thread of Love From Generation to Generation. As Sheila provided her book to organizations working in the field of child abuse, she discovered there was no central entity providing easily accessible information to those seeking child abuse prevention, intervention, or treatment resources. Furthermore, although Sheila found many people were concerned about child abuse, most were unaware how they could personally contribute to ending the cycle.
To fill the gap, Sheila created The Thread Alliance with a dual purpose in mind: 1) to provide comprehensive information regarding Houston-area child abuse prevention, intervention, and treatment resources; and 2) to reach out and encourage individual and community participation in ending child abuse.
TTA is dedicated to achieving the following five goals:
- Educate and inform the public about strategies and resources to nurture children.
- Engage the community to become involved in preventing child abuse.
- Educate and inform the public regarding resources available to prevent impending child abuse or help if abuse has already happened.
- Engage the community to become actively involved in the rewarding experience of empowering child abuse survivors to heal and thrive.
- Encourage child abuse-related organizations/agencies, regardless of where they lie on the spectrum of prevention to treatment, to form a professional alliance.
All children deserve a childhood free of abuse. The Thread Alliance is dedicated to this mission.